Lowestoft: Electrical specialist Dron & Dickson listed in global expansion table
- Credit: Archant
An electrical specialist which has spearheaded a strategy to expand into the Middle East and South America has been recognised for its exceptional growth.
Energy firm Dron & Dickson, which employs 14 people at a base in Lowestoft, has been listed in The Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200 league table, which celebrates global expansion and international sales.
It comes after the company revealed in May that it had opened its first registered office in Rio de Janeiro.
It follows a move to establish an office in Dubai and the acquisition of Abu Dhabi-based Totus Energy, an electrical and instrumentation contractor.
The firm declined to provide a up-to-date revenue figure, but said its the Lowestoft branch’s turnover increased by 22% to the end of May 2013. Colin Maver, group director of Dron & Dickson, which designs, supplies and maintains electrical equipment for hazardous areas, said: “We are extremely proud of our inclusion in the Sunday Times HSBC International Track 200. We have invested a great deal of time and effort into our international expansion. This has enabled us to offer our customers all over the world exceptional service, and our league table ranking is testament to our endeavours and substantial growth in recent years.”
He added: “Opening an office in Brazil puts Dron & Dickson in an excellent position to further grow our presence in South America, and we anticipate that large amounts of business will be generated as a result. We have already seen extensive growth in the Middle East facilitated by our Dubai office and moving forward we expect to see a sizeable increase in contracts secured through Abu Dhabi, following Totus Energy’s recent move to larger premises and the expansion of the services offered to include an Electrical Assembly Division and Competency Training.”
The firm employs more than 300 people both off and onshore and has a network of bases in Aberdeen, Hull, Lowestoft, Stirling, Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Brazil. Its services include the design, specification, supply, installation, testing, commissioning, maintenance and repair of electrical equipment in hazardous areas both on and offshore.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 5 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 6 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 7 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 8 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town Transfer Talk: Taylor and Hirst links analysed
- 10 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
The Sunday Times International Track 200 lists Britain’s mid-market private companies with the fastest-growing international sales.
Dron & Dickson ranked fifth among only 12 Scottish companies listed this year.