Maldon: DC Electronics wins export honour at Motor Industry Association (MIA) Awards
MALDON-based DC Electronics is celebrating after winning the Export category at the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) Awards.
The MIA Awards, first presented in 1995 and staged this year during the Autosport International Show at the NEC in Birmingham, are open to all companies involved in motorsport, with nominations made by MIA members.
DC Electronics, based at Maldon, supplies electrical systems used by competitors in motorsports including NASCAR, Formula 1, Le Mans, and World Rally and Superbike championships.
David Cunliffe, managing director, said: “We are delighted to have won the Export Award at this year’s MIA Awards. Thanks to the support of the MIA and UKTI, our export turnover is continuing to grow.
“During the last six months, this has more than doubled and we expect to treble this by the end of 2012. Due to our export growth we have created three new positions within the company.”
You may also want to watch:
He continues: “It is an exciting time for the company. As part of our commitment to the North American market in particular, we have set up a US production facility and have also recently appointed an Australian distributor for our power steering systems.
“Having our peers recognise our achievements means a lot to us and we are proud to be flying the flag for Essex businesses and are currently on an employment drive, currently looking to recruit two people.”
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 6 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 7 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
The event was attended by an audience of approximately 500 representatives from the international motorsport community.
An MIA spokesman said: “The judges were incredibly impressed by the nominations received for DC Electronics. The company has demonstrated a phenomenal commitment to the export market and are thoroughly deserving of this award.”