Maldon: Second success in MIA Awards for DC Electronics
- Credit: Archant
MOTORSPORT electric systems specialist DC Electronics is celebrating after winning the New Markets category at the Motorsport Industry Association (MIA) Awards.
It is the second MIA trophy for DC Electronics, with the firm having previously won the Export Achievement award in 2011.
David Cunliffe, managing director of Maldon-based DC Electronics, said: “We are delighted to have won the New Markets Award at this year’s MIA Awards. Over the past year, DC Electronics has made significant growth both in the UK and overseas and the award acknowledges our achievement over the past 12 months.
“In May 2012 we opened our first US production facility in Mooresville, North Carolina – a significant milestone for our company. In addition to this, we have expanded our UK facilities with the employment of three new members of staff.
“This ongoing growth allows DC Electronics to explore new markets and we hope to build on this success throughout 2013.”
You may also want to watch:
First presented in 1995, the MIA Awards were created to recognise excellence at all levels within the motorsport and high performance engineering industry. All motorsport companies are eligible for the awards with nominations being made by MIA members.
This year’s event, held during the Autosport International Show at the NEC in Birmingham, was attended by an around 500 representatives from the international motorsport community.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm
Chris Aylett, chief executive of the MIA, said: “It was fantastic to be able to present DC Electronics with its New Markets Business Excellence Award.
“As one the leading manufacturers of custom-built electrical systems and a champion of innovation, DC Electronics is perfectly poised to diversify into new markets. This is demonstrated by its recent expansion into the US. It is thanks to dynamic companies such as DC Electronics that, as an industry, UK motorsport can continue to grow and develop globally.”
DC Electronics is one of the motorsport industry’s leading manufacturers of custom built electrical systems, with 15 years’ experience in the industry. Products designed and built by the company have been used in championships worldwide, including Formula 1, NASCAR, Indycar, World Rally, Superbike and even F1 Powerboats.