Marriott Motor Group unveils plan for new Ipswich Audi showroom at Futura Park
- Credit: Archant
The Marriott Motor Group is planning a new £8million showroom and service centre for its Audi dealership in Ipswich.
Marriott has exchanged contracts with AquiGen, the company behind the Futura Park retail and business park development, for a four-acre site.
The deal is subject to the approval of planning consent but construction work is poised to begin almost immediately and the new site could open as early as autumn next year.
Paul Barnard, managing director of Marriott Motor Group, whose current Ipswich Audi operation is based in Bath Street, said: “This is an exciting project for us and represents our largest ever property investment in what will be the flagship site across our group of 12 dealerships.
“We immediately bought into the vision of quality and sense of destination at Futura Park, and we are confident that our plans will be welcomed by the local council,” he added.
You may also want to watch:
Paul Isaacs, managing director of AquiGen, said of the new deal: “It is great to welcome yet another prestigious brand to Futura Park, adding to the current household names including Waitrose and John Lewis at home.
“The new Audi dealership will be a fantastic addition to the park, and the investment means another boost to the local economy, providing more jobs and attracting visitors.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in hospital with serious injuries after Suffolk stabbing
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues linked with 'ambitious move' for striker
- 4 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 5 Pub demolition plans generate 150-plus objections in a week
- 6 Former Town star's son scores to help Hartlepool secure dramatic return to EFL
- 7 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 8 No starts, sarcastic cheers and a quick profit - A look back at Kieffer Moore's time at Town
- 9 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 10 Patient in 90s will fight Ipswich Hospital parking fine
The Marriott deal comes shortly after Marshall’s announcement of a £7m project to create a new Jaguar Land Rover dealership at the Nacton Road entrance to Futura Park, which occupies the site of the former Crane foundry.
Besides the Waitrose and John Lewis at home stores, retailers on the site include DFS, Furniture Village and Oak Furniture Land.
A further 4.5-acre site is under offer and negations are in progress for two three-acre plots.