Martlesham: Cash injection boosts expansion plans at Arena Travel
SUFFOLK-based specialist tour operator Arena Travel has received a significant cash injection from a consortium of investors to help it expand its range of niche specialist holidays and events.
The investors are also supporting the Martlesham-based firm with expertise and contacts within the industry.
Ian Brooks, who set up Med Hotels in 2002, later selling the company to Lastminute.com, becomes a non-executive director at Arena and Declan Treanor, who brings experience from the financial services sector, had been appointed chairman.
Ali Naqvi, managing director at Arena, said: “Since taking over the business in 2009, we have re-focused the business as a dedicated special interest tour operator with a number of distinct niches, all aimed at the 50-plus market where there is an opportunity to build products with higher margins and strong repeat bookings.
“We want to develop our range much further to cater for a wider range of hobbies and interests. Thanks to this injection of both capital and skills we are now well-placed to explore possible future acquisitions to undergo a much more rapid rate of growth.”
You may also want to watch:
Mr Brooks said: “There is a real opportunity to develop the special interest tour market, especially tours which are marketed at the over 50s whom continue to enjoy a good disposable income and have time to pursue their passions.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 4 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 5 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 10 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash