Martlesham Heath freight forwarding firm Globex Freight Management renews sponsorship of Felixstowe & Walton United Football Club, the Seasiders.
- Credit: Archant
A Martlesham Heath freight forwarding company has renewed its commitment as a key sponsor for Felixstowe & Walton United Football Club, the Seasiders.
This year is the eighth that Globex Freight Management has sponsored the team, providing financial backing and event support throughout the season.
The Seasiders recently successfully fundraised to build a new clubhouse, with Globex supporting them with the project.
Managing director Andy Wilding, who coaches newly qualified referees, said: “We are really passionate about supporting grassroots football. All the members of the Globex team are from Felixstowe so the Seasiders are very close to our hearts and we are very proud to support them.
“The team has gone from strength to strength in recent years and has done a fantastic job in attracting community support to help them build and open their much-needed new clubhouse.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “As an FA qualified referee tutor and coach I spend most Sundays at the Ipswich Town Academy coaching and developing our referees. It is important that they represent the county looking well turned out, so I sponsor the Suffolk FA Referees’ Academy to help finance the new kit for our new referees.”
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 5 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 8 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 Covid infections mapped: 20 postcode areas report three or more cases