Yellobelly’s Mary raises over £5,000 for brain charity after marathon run
- Credit: Archant
A director at a Suffolk brand communications agency has raised over £5,000 for Brain Research UK after completing the London Marathon last month.
Mary Graham of Earl Soham-based Yellobelly completed the 26 miles in 5 hours 37 minutes.
Mary’s endeavours come a year after she had to pull out of the event just three weeks before the race because of a foot injury. After three months of hobbling, she started to run again - determined to complete the challenge in 2018 for a cause that is very close to her heart.
In 2016 Mary’s niece, Jess, was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumour at the age of just 37. Very sadly Jess died in December 2016.
Mary was also running to support a close friend who is currently undergoing chemotherapy for a brain tumour and in memory of her mother-in-law who died of early-onset Alzheimer’s.
You may also want to watch:
Brain Research UK works hard to try and eradicate all brain diseases.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 7 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 8 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 9 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 10 Cyclist hurt in crash with car