Matthew Hancock MP launches work on Newmarket Business Park development
- Credit: Archant
Matthew Hancock, West Suffolk MP and Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport. has performed a traditional ground-breaking ceremony to mark the official start of work on the latest development at the Newmarket Business Park.
Also at the event were representatives from firms involved in the project including developer Hamilton Land, contractor Parkway Construction, agent Cheffins and chartered surveyors CS2.
The Spanish-owned Cosentino Group, which produces and distributes innovation high-value surfaces for the worlds of design and architecture, has agreed a 15-year pre-let deal for a 32,300sq ft unit which will serve as a regional distribution hub for the East and South East of England.
Alongside this development, Hamilton Land is also having a 22,500sq ft unit constructed on a speculative basis, due for completion in September and available freehold or leasehold.
Other businesses based at the park include Taylor Wimpey, Ridgeons, Howdens, Plumb/Parts Centers, Idexx Corporation, Countrywide Farmers and Smiths News.
You may also want to watch:
The units are located on St Leger Drive directly off Oaks Drive, which links on to the Fordham Road. The Studlands Retail Park, which includes Tesco, Bunnings, Asda, Halfords, Pets at Home and Carpet Right stores, is within short walking distance, with Newmarket’s town centre about 1.5 miles away.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex