Mayor re-opens The Golf Hotel after makeover
- Credit: Archant
An Ipswich pub has re-opened, following a six-figure investment, and creating 10 new jobs in the process.
The Mayor of Ipswich, Roger Fern, cut the ribbon at the Golf Hotel on Foxhall Road after a significant transformation.
As part of the investment, the Greene King owned pub has received a complete makeover, introducing a lighter colour scheme, signature pieces of furniture and fresh, contemporary flooring.
The bar has also been completely revamped, with the introduction of an extended selection of local and national ales, and world beers. High definition 4k TVs have been installed throughout, and subscriptions to Sky Sports and BT Sport will make it an even better place to watch live sport.
In addition, the food offering has been enhanced with the pub unveiling a new menu that features dishes such as jerk chicken and slow cooked pork belly.
You may also want to watch:
Golf Hotel general manager Kirsty Mclaughlin, said: “The opening was a real success with great feedback on the delicious new menu and the fantastic interiors. We’re extremely pleased to be able to offer even better surroundings to both our loyal and new guests alike.
“My team and I look forward to welcoming more guests to the Golf Hotel in the coming weeks.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 3 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 4 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 5 Community in shock after stabbing on Suffolk estate
- 6 Hawkins leaves Town after just one season as striker makes League Two move
- 7 Town's former Director of Football reunited with McCarthy at Cardiff
- 8 Young footballer locked up for 12 years after 'vicious' machete attack
- 9 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 10 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14