McColl’s and Deliveroo join forces to deliver essentials to doorstep
- Credit: McColl's Retail Group
Convenience store chain McColl’s, which has stores across East Anglia, is joining forces with Deliveroo to deliver daily essentials to customers.
The new service offers deliveries in under 30 minutes, and is particularly aimed at helping elderly people and others who are in self-isolation due to the coronavirus pandemic.
A range of items, including food and drink, toiletries, cleaning products and magazines, will be available on-demand on the Deliveroo app.
More than 120 stores are taking part in the service initially, including branches in Macaulay Road, Ipswich; Hardwick Shopping Centre, Bury St Edmunds; Mersea Road, Colchester; and Panfield Lane, Braintree.
This will expand to cover 300 McColl’s stores across the country.
You may also want to watch:
The company says the partnership is designed to make sure customers can access food and toiletries they need from the safety of their home.
Customers will be able to purchase everyday items and have them delivered safely to their doorstep on-demand, by the Deliveroo rider network.
- 1 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 2 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 3 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 4 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 5 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 6 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 7 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 8 A12 reopens after three-vehicle crash
- 9 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 10 Country inn acquired from Jamie Oliver's parents reopens following facelift
All deliveries will be a contact-free service, ensuring the safety of customers.
MORE - 71 Suffolk businesses delivering food and drink to your doorThe partnership will allow customers to order a wide range of products including groceries, soft drinks, confectionery, snacks, beer, wine, toiletries, and household goods.
Customers will need to download the Deliveroo app and enter McColl’s in the search box to see if the service is available where they live. Delivery charges vary.
Jonathan Miller, chief executive of McColl’s, said: “We are delighted to be partnering with Deliveroo at this important time. We want to make it as easy as possible for our customers to get their daily essentials as they stay at home. The partnership allows us to further our support of the neighbourhood communities we serve, providing the option of home delivery for a wide range of quality goods from our stores across the country.”
Ajay Lakhwani, vice president of new business, Deliveroo, said: “Deliveroo is proud to partner with McColl’s and deliver household items straight to people’s homes in as little as under 30 minutes.
“This is particularly important during Covid-19, when people are isolating and at home, especially the elderly and vulnerable.”