Medical firm is fit for the Olympics
PHYSIOTHERAPY couches and wheelchairs supplied by a Debenham firm will be wheeling their way around from London 2012 Olympics in the coming weeks.
Medical equipment firm Seers Medical, based Kenton Road, won a ‘substantial’ part of a contract to supply various items, which also included mobile ward screens, pharmacy fridges, electric profiling beds and patient transport trolley.
The firm, which was set up four years ago and employs about 25 staff, makes examination couches but also supplies a range of medical items.
Sales and marketing director Keith Chittock said they saw an opportunity to tender and decided to give it a go.
The items, which have been rented to the Games organisers, have now been delivered amid tight security.
“There are 34 separate sties involved in staging the Games, all of which area supported by Medical Equipment, with more than a littel of it coming from Seers Medical Equipment,” he said.
“We can fully vouch for the very high level of organisation and control in place regarding deliveries, particularly to the Olympic village itself.”
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 8 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 9 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 10 Great Suffolk car-making dream to be relived as Strada 4-88 comes home to show
The firm makes or supplies a range of specialist products for gynaecology, ultrasound, podiatry, phlebotomy and echocardiography and a wide range of physiotherapy tables and sports medicine equipment.