Mendlesham: Galloway celebrates 25th anniversary of link with National Express
- Credit: Archant
Suffolk-based coach company Galloway Travel Group has celebrated its 25th anniversary as a contractor for UK-wide operator National Express.
Galloway’s first contract with National Express, in 1989, was to operate regular services between Suffolk, London and Oxford, although it had been providing relief cover for the group for some time before that.
David Cattermole, Galloway’s managing director, said: “Little did we think that taking a call from National Express’s Peterborough control centre in the mid-eighties to help with a relief service to London, that all these years (and a successful tender in 1989) later, we would still be working well together.
“Many changes have occurred and the operation now bears very little resemblance to our original partnership but the continual improvements in customer care, our dedication to advances in journey comfort and the responsibility of my team to resource this 24 hour operation, are testament to our commitment to providing 100% passenger satisfaction.”
The services currently operated by Galloway on behalf of National Express includethe 250 route linking the eastern region with Stansted and Heathrow and the 481 route from Felixstowe along the A12 corridor to London.
You may also want to watch:
National Express UK coach managing director Tom Stables added: “The longevity of the partnership is testament to the excellent levelof service that Galloway provides; ensuring customers keep choosing to travel with National Express.”
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 Search for man after indecent exposure incident in forest