‘Get me to the church on time’ - in a VW campervan?
- Credit: Archant
The VW campervan is a staple at campsites and festivals - but its distinctive looks mean it is also a favourite for wedding transport.
Michelle Parry is now hiring out Minty - a 1973 type 2 Bay VW campervan - for weddings, though the van was initially bought a year ago for a cocker spaniel called Charlie.
“We’re musicians with the band Turntable, so we go away a lot and wanted to be able to take our dog with us,” said Ms Parry. “It’s Charlie’s camper van really, and he gets really excited whenever he sees it.”
Ms Parry and her partner Joe Taylor bought Minty on Gumtree for £8,000, and spent another £2,000 to gut the inside, paint it and add new lights, flooring and cupboards.
Charlie’s instagram account lord_charlie_pup has 3,347 followers, and one contacted Ms Parry with a request to do a photoshoot in Minty for an advertisement for a dog bed.
You may also want to watch:
“That gave us the idea to hire Minty out for weddings too,” said Ms Parry, of Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 2 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 3 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 4 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 7 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 8 Comedian Jack Whitehall visits Suffolk's 'most incredible' Wilderness Reserve
- 9 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper