Microsoft guru to lead line-up at Schools’ ICT Expo event
- Credit: Archant
Big names from the hi-tech world including Microsoft and Epson will be represented at Suffolk’s first dedicated showcase for information and communication technology in schools.
Organisers of the Schools’ ICT Expo event, which takes place on April 23 at University Campus Suffolk in Ipswich, have confirmed Microsoft education guru Craig Parker as headline speaker.
He works closes with schools and education authorities as well as Microsoft partners, distributors and resellers to help shape education services using Microsoft technology.
The event is being organsed by locally-based companies Boleyn Events and The Writing House, alongside schools supplier and service company CPW Computing of Needham Market. Christine Schofield of CPW said: “There are so many more ways now that educators can teach children and it’s constantly evolving.
“We’re really delighted to have such an amazing line up of speakers from leading companies such as Microsoft, Pupil Asset, Steljes, Crick Soft and 2 Simple and Epson, and there’ll also be a chance to discuss options with Suffolk County Council too.
You may also want to watch:
“With recent changes to the curriculum, it’s very important that teachers are supported in delivering lessons. This event focuses on using technology to engage children.”
She added: “There are all kinds of technology that can help. Skype, for instance, can help teachers and pupils connect with people from all around the world for free.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village
- 5 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 6 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 7 Coach Gill leaves Town with Cook wanting to bring in 'fresh faces'
- 8 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 9 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 10 Cook on Chambers, Skuse and whether Fleetwood clash could be their final Town game
“There’s the opportunity to tap into Microsoft Educator Network, a global community of educators where lesson plans and technology tips can be shared and a wide range of Apps, perfect for supporting education. Everyone will find much to take away from the event.”
The Schools’ ICT Expo will be open from 1pm to 7pm. Admission is free to teachers and visitors – register online at http://boleyn-events.com/schools-ict-expo/ .