Midwich celebrates record sales worth �200m
A LARGE employer based at Diss has reported record sales of more than �200million for last year as it announced its seventh acquisition in five years.
Audio visual distributor Midwich, which employs about 190 people at its base in Vinces Road, has ventured for the first time into the security systems market by taking on Ubiqz, a formerly London-based company which sells CCTV cameras and associated products.
New managing director Stephen Fenby, who took over the role from Nick Culley in October, says it opens up new opportunities for the award-winning company. Its acquisition, for a disclosed sum, follows takeovers of AV distributors SIDEV in France last year and Square One in Ireland in 2009.
Although Midwich is not actively in discussions with any other companies at this time, Mr Fenby said the business intends to focus on further expansion into mainland Europe.
He said: “We’re always interested in looking at new business – they make our business more exciting. It’s hard work integrating a new business but it gives the teams new opportunities, new cultures and a bit of travel, for example we’ve sent about 15 people to SIDEV over the last year to help set up systems and train sales people.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “We will add new sales people to the team. We have already recruited three people.
“We are looking for about four or five more, particularly some interns from university to spend time here.”
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks