Mildenhall: MacGregor secures Chinese automotive order
MILDENHALL-based MacGregor Welding Systems has completed another major export order to China, after beating off stiff international competition.
The latest export success for the company, which supplies its products worldwide, involves a semi-automatic welding system ordered by a substantial automotive electronic components manufacturer, with a challenging delivery date which the company was able to achieve.
It follows four previous export deals for MacGregor in China for eco-friendly semi-automated lamp manufacturing lines.
MacGregor, which currently employs 25 people, has been involved in the lighting industry for many years and supplies many household names such as Philips and Osram.
However, its move into the supply of semi-automated equipment for the automotive industry represents a new departure for the company and it is currently seeking to recruit to a number of new jobs.
A key feature of the system is a remote access facility which enables staff in the UK to monitor the weld process as it takes place in China, and to provide systems updates and live support.
Managing director Graham MacGregor said: “For many years MacGregor Welding Systems has been involved in providing its worldwide blue-chip client base with process development work.
- 1 Historic former pub with permission to convert into homes set for auction
- 2 Gang who stole from Suffolk museum jailed for total of 74 years
- 3 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident
- 4 GALLERY: 'Stunning' turnout as Hadleigh Show returns after enforced break
- 5 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 6 See inside this 'chocolate box' cottage up for sale for £435,000
- 7 Double drink driver who killed Jennifer, 32, jailed six years and eight months
- 8 Two Suffolk salons reach UK's top hair awards
- 9 Suspected speeder detained after car crashes into field
- 10 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
“However, in the last few years we have seen an increase in demand from places like China for the development of bespoke fully automated and semi-automated solutions,which is the reason we are now expanding our operation.”