Mildenhall: Unique Seafood agrees £2.8m package with Barclays to fund expansion
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Unique Seafood, which supplies 2,500 fish and chip shops across Britain, has secured a £2.8million finanace package from Barclays.
The firm, which is based at Thamesmead in London and has regional depots at Mildenhall in Suffolk and Cricklade, near Swindon, Wiltshire, already has annual turnover of £25million and employs 62 employees.
It supplies sustainable fish direct from its own vessels, with its customers also including the wholesale, industrial and food service sectors and well as individual “chippies”.
The Barclays finance package, which includes a structured trade loan, will allow the business to increase the level of seafood it purchases and so grow its sales further.
Unique is also planning to purchase an additional depot to expand its operation in Thamesmead, in order to supply more exotic fish types to its customers. As part of the deal, it has also moved its day-to-day banking to Barclays.
You may also want to watch:
Harald Nissen, managing director at Unique, said: “The Barclays finance package will enable Unique Seafood to increase capacity, have more storage space and increase customer services. We look forward to working with Barclays as we embark on the next stage of our journey.”
Sarah Collins, relationship director with Barclays’ retail and wholesale team, added: “Unique Seafood has carved a niche for itself in this competitive market and is enjoying strong growth. We are fully committed to supporting the business as it looks to diversify and expand into new markets.”
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 7 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 8 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 9 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 10 Publican 'bitterly disappointed' as holiday home plans refused