Mistley: Edme to fly the flag for East Anglia at Food Ingredients Europe Expo
- Credit: Archant
Bakery ingredients producer Edme will be flying the flag for East Anglia when its team heads to the Food Ingredients Europe Expo in Frankfurt in November.
Edme, based at Mistley, near Manningtree, produces a wide range of malted, cereal and other grain-based single ingredients and blends for the baking, cereal and food industries.
It will be using the event in Frankfurt to launch a number of new products made from crops grown in the region
Peter Tichbon, managing director at Edme, said: “This exhibition is the world’s most important gathering of food ingredient suppliers, manufacturers, distributors and buyers. It showcases the best of what Europe has to offer and we want East Anglia to be a part of that.
“This region grows some of the best grain in the world, much of which is turned into great wholesome, natural food and drink ingredients right here in East Anglia. All the malted products we’re exhibiting showcase the best of East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
“Our malted ingredients, made from East Anglian wheat, barley, rye and oats, provide flavour, texture and colour. They help manufacturers respond to consumer demand for additive-free foods at the same time as adding nutritional value.
“We are launching some great new products at the exhibition that offer new natural flavours and textures to food manufacturers. These should be of significant interest to bakery, cereal and confectionary representatives at the exhibition”.
- 1 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 2 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 3 Man in 40s rescued from beneath the Orwell Bridge
- 4 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 7 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 8 Man 'let down' by GPs after undiagnosed pneumonia death, mother claims
- 9 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 10 Town set to learn Carabao Cup and Papa John's Trophy opponents
The exbition, which runs from November 19 to 21, is expected to attract visitors from 514 different countries across five continents.
Mr Tichbon added:“This expo will provide Edme with an opportunity to develop new business, meet customers and promote our products, and East Anglia, on the world stage. The UK needs a strong manufacturing base and to export more to really get the British economy moving and we are determined to be a part of that”.