Promoting Suffolk as the bright choice for business
- Credit: Archant
More than 40 leading business people attended the annual Invest in Suffolk Ambassadors dinner this week, hosted by Wherstead Park, to celebrate local business achievements over the past year and to outline their plans for the future.
Invest in Suffolk was launched by Suffolk County Council in 2014 to promote the county as a business location and to respond to inward investment enquiries and opportunities.
Invest in Suffolk’s key message is that “Suffolk is the bright choice for your business.”
Working together with Suffolk Chamber of Commerce, Invest in Suffolk has recruited more than 100 high profile business leaders and professionals to become Invest in Suffolk Ambassadors who are willing to use their skills and expertise to champion the county as a top business location.
The Invest in Suffolk Ambassadors programme brings together people who are passionate about living and working in Suffolk and willing to use their skills and expertise to champion the county as a top business location, whilst ensuring a balance with the county’s attractive countryside, towns and villages.
You may also want to watch:
Guests heard from Susanna Rendall, managing director of Stoke by Nayland Hotel, Golf and Spa who shared her family’s success story covering 80 years of enterprise, diversification and growth.
John Dugmore, chief executive of Suffolk Chamber said: “At Suffolk Chamber we believe that the potential future for the county is one characterised by an innovative, internationally successful and diverse economy, high value and high waged jobs and a strong education sector delivering a skills base that is as good as any in the country. That is why it has been our pleasure to work alongside Suffolk County Council to continue to deliver the Invest in Suffolk Ambassadors programme.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 7 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 10 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
“This event was a celebration for those telling the Suffolk story.”