New Ipswich call centre creates more than 20 jobs
- Credit: jasonmitchellphoto.co.uk
More than 20 new jobs have been created in the town thanks to the opening of an East Anglian-based company’s new call centre.
Anglian Home Improvements opened the doors, along with the phone lines, to its new outbound contact centre in Civic Drive earlier this week.
The company took the chance to expand its presence in the town by taking an additional 3,000 sq ft at Hubbard House on Civic Drive, where its regional office is based.
The new Ipswich hub will now also become home to a team of 22 customer service experts who will play a key role in lead generation for Anglian, while also helping to provide homeowners with information, advice and support on a range of bespoke home improvement products, including windows, doors, conservatories and orangeries.
As a result of this expansion, 22 new jobs have been created, including two team managers who will ensure the level of customer service is at the highest standard possible.
You may also want to watch:
The team is anticipated to make 35,000 calls a week during their working hours from Monday through to Saturday.
Georgina Greengrass, contact centre operations manager, said: “We are delighted to be opening the doors to a new outbound contact centre in Ipswich, which will ensure we can continue to support customers with ‘best in class’ service from the very first time they speak to an Anglian representative.
- 1 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 2 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 4 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 5 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'consider £350k bid' for keeper
- 7 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 8 'Absolutely the right manager for this football club' - Ashton backs Cook to turn Town around
- 9 Cyclist hurt in crash with car
- 10 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
“Ipswich was the ideal location for the centre as there is a strong labour pool in the area – the town has a wealth of contact centre experience – and is commutable from Norwich, where Anglian has been headquartered for more than 50 years.
“It also provides a superb work environment.
“We are committed to investing in the right space for our dedicated team of staff so we can continue to attract and retain the highest calibre of employee, and to therefore provide uncompromising levels of service for customers up and down the country.”
Established in 1966, Anglian Home Improvements is a leading UK home improvements company, responsible for the employment of 3,500 people in total.
It has more than 50 years’ experience of providing uPVC double-glazing windows, manufactured at its Norwich-based production facility.