Would you pay £5 to have Sellotape and batteries delivered last-minute this Christmas?
- Credit: Matt Alexander/PA Wire
From Sellotape to batteries, Brussel sprouts to spuds, Morrisons is offering shoppers in Ipswich a last minute reprieve this Christmas for any festive must haves they forget - with a £4.50 delivery charge and a 49p service charge added to orders.
The supermarket is working with delivery giants Deliveroo to get Christmas essentials to homes in the town.
The supermarket hopes that the move will allow customers to spend more time relaxing and remove any last-minute panic.
Forgotten items will be delivered until 5.30pm on Christmas Eve and will be available again from 10am on Boxing Day.
Included in the festive offerings are Sellotape to help finish last minute wrapping, batteries for games or new presents and easily forgotten items from the Christmas dinner itself like gravy and stuffing.
You may also want to watch:
Even turkeys and the trimmings are available through the service for those who are having to adapt their Christmas plans.
What items are on offer?
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
● Batteries (AA/AAA)
● Tin foil
● Cling film
● Turkey baking tray
● Custard powder
● Condensed milk
● Evaporated milk
● The Best Clementine Bucks Fizz
● The Best Prosecco / Champagne
● Bin Bags
● Roast Spuds
● Brussel Sprouts
Orders can be placed through the Deliveroo app or website from December 21 until December 24, with a £4.50 delivery charge and 49p service fee.
All deliveries will be contact-free to promote safety.
Amy Bishop, who is responsible for Deliveroo at Morrisons said: “Everyone is so busy at this time of year that it can be easy to forget about things until you really need them.
"At that point, the thought of leaving the house and heading back to the shops can add to the stress.
"Thanks to our partnership with Deliveroo you can order those forgotten items straight to your door and get back to the festive celebrations.”