Suffolk pub named as one of Britain’s best post-walk pints
- Credit: news
It is already known as being a popular watering hole for hikers - and now The Maybush in Waldringfield is in the running to become Britain’s Best Post-Walk Pint.
Mountain Warehouse has announced the list of its regional finalists battling it out for the annual pub accolade, as it embarks on its annual quest to find the best place to rest weary legs after a ramble nearby.
Perched on the banks of the River Deben, The Maybush in Waldringfield has been voted into the final and will represent the East of England in the competition.
It is hoping to knock the 2018 winner, the Ben Nevis Inn in Fort William, off its perch after people in more than 250 stores across the UK were asked to nominate their favourite local walk and pub.
These were then judged by a Mountain Warehouse Panel based on the pubs' proximity to local walking routes, their food and drink offerings, and facilities and customer experience.
Now members of the public are able to vote for their favourite pub - with the winner receiving an engraved tankard trophy and a £500 bar tab to share a celebratory drink with locals.
Upon voting, you will be offered a 15% off code for your next purchase and will be entered into Mountain Warehouse's prize competition to win £100 worth of vouchers.
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 3 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 4 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 5 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 6 My Suffolk Life: ‘We had to move to Suffolk to be together’
- 7 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 8 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 9 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 10 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
Voting closes on Friday, August 23 and a winner will be chosen the week beginning September 16 - with the most votes deciding the winner.
Read our food review of The Maybush Inn here.