Suffolk pub named as one of Britain’s best post-walk pints
- Credit: news
It is already known as being a popular watering hole for hikers - and now The Maybush in Waldringfield is in the running to become Britain’s Best Post-Walk Pint.
Mountain Warehouse has announced the list of its regional finalists battling it out for the annual pub accolade, as it embarks on its annual quest to find the best place to rest weary legs after a ramble nearby.
Perched on the banks of the River Deben, The Maybush in Waldringfield has been voted into the final and will represent the East of England in the competition.
It is hoping to knock the 2018 winner, the Ben Nevis Inn in Fort William, off its perch after people in more than 250 stores across the UK were asked to nominate their favourite local walk and pub.
These were then judged by a Mountain Warehouse Panel based on the pubs' proximity to local walking routes, their food and drink offerings, and facilities and customer experience.
You may also want to watch:
Now members of the public are able to vote for their favourite pub - with the winner receiving an engraved tankard trophy and a £500 bar tab to share a celebratory drink with locals.
Upon voting, you will be offered a 15% off code for your next purchase and will be entered into Mountain Warehouse's prize competition to win £100 worth of vouchers.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Woman's body found in village home
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 5 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 6 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 7 Wigan kitman Craney given Town coaching role by Cook
- 8 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 9 Rapist subjected two children to 'unimaginable ordeal' over five years
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
Voting closes on Friday, August 23 and a winner will be chosen the week beginning September 16 - with the most votes deciding the winner.
Read our food review of The Maybush Inn here.