Muntons manager becomes chairman of Maltsters Association
Grain supply chain manager for Muntons Mike Norfolk has been made chairman of the Trade Committee at the Maltsters Association of Great Britain (MAGB).
The two year appointment began in October.
Muntons managing director Alan Ridealgh said: “Muntons are proud to be able to contribute our support to this important Association, particularly in these difficult times where cereal prices have gone through a period of extreme volatility. Mike Norfolk has a great deal of experience within the malting industry and will, I am sure, prove to be a great ambassador for our trade.”
The MAGB is the representative body of all of the major UK maltsters, covering a wide range of industry concerns including supply chain and legislative issues, whilst also promoting general malt awareness and malt appreciation.
In his new role, Mike will be working closely with the the Home Grown Cereals Authority (HGCA) and the National Farmers Union (NFU) along with other government and industry bodies. Mike commented “The
You may also want to watch:
last few years have proved to be difficult for everybody involved throughout the supply chain, from farmers and maltsters through to brewers and of course consumers themselves. It is during these times that working together becomes essential. I relish the challenge that this position will bring.”
- 1 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 4 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 7 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 8 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 9 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 10 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies