Screwfix to open fourth store in town
- Credit: Penn Commercial
New tenants are moving into a single storey industrial warehouse unit in Cavendish Street, Ipswich.
Penn Commercial were instructed to let the premises by the property owners Pigeon Investment Management based in Bury St Edmunds.
And nationwide trade tool and gardware supplier Screwfix are now moving in to the 4,943 sq ft unit.
The chain has more than 570 stores, including three others in Ipswich.
The existing Screwfix stores are located at Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Ransomes Europark and Martlesham Heath Business Park.
You may also want to watch:
The latest store will open its doors to customers in the first week of August.
The property includes a self-contained, end of terrace industrial unit with two electric roller shutters and off road car parking.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 5 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 6 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
Cavendish Street is close to Ipswich town centre and the Waterfront, off Bishops Hill.
Screwfix have taken on a new 10-year lease.