Screwfix to open fourth store in town
- Credit: Penn Commercial
New tenants are moving into a single storey industrial warehouse unit in Cavendish Street, Ipswich.
Penn Commercial were instructed to let the premises by the property owners Pigeon Investment Management based in Bury St Edmunds.
And nationwide trade tool and gardware supplier Screwfix are now moving in to the 4,943 sq ft unit.
The chain has more than 570 stores, including three others in Ipswich.
The existing Screwfix stores are located at Whitehouse Industrial Estate, Ransomes Europark and Martlesham Heath Business Park.
The latest store will open its doors to customers in the first week of August.
The property includes a self-contained, end of terrace industrial unit with two electric roller shutters and off road car parking.
- 1 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 2 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 Bent names Town stars among his best-ever team-mates
- 8 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 9 Former Suffolk poultry farm site could be converted into homes
- 10 'New-look' Aldi store set to reopen in Sudbury, creating additional jobs
Cavendish Street is close to Ipswich town centre and the Waterfront, off Bishops Hill.
Screwfix have taken on a new 10-year lease.