National honours for a Suffolk home builder and a local home
- Credit: Andy Matthews
A spectacular home built by a local contractor has been chosen as the best house in Britain by a national homes award scheme.
Broombank, which is located on the River Alde in Aldeburgh, was selected as winner of the ‘best house to 5000sq ft’ at the national Sunday Times British Homes Awards for 2015 which were held on Friday October 16 at the London Marriott Hotel on Grosvenor Square.
Broombank was built by Framlingham-based Robert Norman Construction and designed by London based SOUP Architects.
The home has already received a number of accolades including being recognised by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) in 2014.
Broombank is a relaxed contemporary house within a reconsidered, ‘natural’ landscape.
You may also want to watch:
Large, sliding glass doors allow the surrounding landscape to be ever present throughout the house and carefully positioned rooflights allow day/sunlight to fill the spaces throughout the day.
On the award Robert Norman said: “It goes without saying that we are thrilled to have been recognised for the build of Broombank in such a prestigious awards process. Credit must go to SOUP Architects who designed Broombank, it really is a beautiful dwelling and thoroughly deserving of the title.”
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Town announce home friendly with Premier League club
Robert Norman Construction is a multi-award winning building contractor specialising in high quality, commercial works as well as new homes and eco-houses.