Needham Market: MorVend expands with the help of backing from NatWest under the Funding for Lending Scheme
- Credit: Archant
East Anglian vending machines company MorVend is aiming to break through the £4million turnover barrier following the acquisition of another regional operator.
MorVend, which is based at Needham Market and already trades across East Anglia and the Home Counties, has expanded with the takeover of Automatic Refreshments Ltd (East Anglia), with five of that company’s staff joining the Suffolk firm, bringing its total workforce to 55.
The deal was supported by NatWest, part of the taxpayer-owned Royal Bank of Scotland group, through the government-backed Funding for Lending Scheme.
MorVend, a family-owned business established 47 years ago, services and supplies vending machines at a range of business and public sites. Besides its Suffolk base it also has a site in Hertfordshire, and also owns the coffee bean brand MorBeans.
Managing director Eric Morton, whose father founded the business in 1967 selling milk, said: “Welcoming Automatic Refreshments’ customers to the MorVend family is an important move for us, as we continue our local expansion plans.
You may also want to watch:
“Having the backing from David Read and the team at NatWest has made it possible.”
David Read, senior relationship manager for NatWest, added: “For Eric and the team, it’s all about providing excellent customer service, which drives their business goals.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 3 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 10 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
“MorVend is an ambitious family-run business and I’m proud to have supported them through this stage of growth.”