New agency launched
A new land agency has been launched in Essex against a backdrop of buoyant farmland prices.
Braintree-based Land Partners LLP has three partners – Michael Chapman, Simon Dixon Smith and Belinda Young – with 50 years of experience between them in the farming and property sectors.
“Supply is very short and so we anticipate further rises over 2012 with interest both from investors and acquisitive neighbours,” said Mr Dixon Smith.
“A particular feature is the blocks of land which are for sale but not publicly available. We are aware of several of these.”
“Undoubtedly good market knowledge is going to be essential for a successful purchase or sale in 2012.”
You may also want to watch:
Essex based, the team is made up of Michael Chapman, who will advise on farm management and agronomy and Mr Dixon Smith, who will be will be handling tax structuring and valuations as well as property sales and purchase and Belinda Young who will be providing estate management and property advice.
The aim is to provide high quality advice at very competitive prices. “With low overheads we can afford to do so at much reduced costs,” explains Belinda. “Between us we have a comprehensive range of skills and expertise and strategic partnerships have been created to provide additional, specialist services as required.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 5 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
“Our work will cover all aspects of land agency, including tax planning, property management, sales and purchases, rent reviews, disputes, telecoms, valuations, farm contract agreements, agronomy and compensation.”
Mr Dixon Smith and Ms Young are both members of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors and Fellows of the Central Association of Agricultural Valuers. They previously worked for a national company for 21 years and eight years respectively.
Mr Chapman, who has a BSc Hons degree in agriculture from Newcastle University, has been working as an independent agronomist and farm consultant in north Essex and south Cambridgeshire since 2003.