New Anglia LEP grant supports investment at Rendlesham-based Colourchange
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk company which offers a novel service to custom colour plastic and aluminium window frames has invested in new kit with the help of a grant from the New Anglia Local Enterprise Partnership (LEP).
Colourchange UPVC, which is based at Rendlesham, near Woodbridge, works with double glazing businesses, architects and property development companies, and last year saw demand grow by nearly 50%.
The grant, under the LEP’s Small Grant Scheme, which is part-funded by the European Regional Development Fund, has now enabled it to install a new colouring facility to support future growth.
Owner Daryl Collins said: “We worked closely with the New Anglia Growth Hub who helped us with the grant process. There is no doubt that we have seen a substantial increase for our colouring services and the new spray booth gives us the capability to increase productivity quite substantially.”
He added: “We don’t just spray the UPVC; that would just flake off. We use the latest technology that creates an integration of the colour pigments on the surface forming a bond that does not fade, flake or blister.”
You may also want to watch:
Samantha Jones, a business growth adviser at the New Anglia Growth Hub, said: “It’s thrilling to see the results of the Small Grant Scheme in action. By boosting the client investment with the grant, Colourchange UPVC have been able to install a facility in the business that will lead directly to augmented growth.”
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 4 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 7 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child