New website for town businesses aims to be ‘all-inclusive’
- Credit: JAMES SHEEN
A new website to help promote Bury St Edmunds businesses has more than 1,200 firms listed and more than 3,000 photographs.
The directory called eXplore Bury St Edmunds, which is also available on a free app, has been created by James Sheen, founder of the We Love Bury St Edmunds Facebook group.
Mr Sheen said the website had been designed to be all-inclusive for the town and west Suffolk, and to enable businesses to promote themselves, their deals, events, jobs, menus, and more.
Categories include arts and entertainment, beauty and spa, food and restaurants, hotels, shopping and market traders.
Mr Sheen said: “Our focus is on the businesses which make the town buzz and who people see when they come to town, but the directory really does aim to include all businesses - even accountants and solicitors!
“The businesses are able to claim their listings and update it themselves, applying the premise that the ‘hive mind’ is stronger than the single one.
“Of course, this is the 21st century so it is not just a fully responsive website; it is also available as a free app on the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store. We can even send out the occasional notification to highlight important information as well.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
The photos are from the 21,600-strong We Love Bury St Edmunds Facebook group and villages from the district.
To explore the website see here.
There is also a YouTube video about the website.