Caterers tee up new service at Newton Green Golf Club
- Credit: Archant
A catering team which has doubled the turnover at an Essex golf club is taking on a second franchise in Suffolk.
All Caterers Limited are now running the food operation at Newton Green Golf Club near Sudbury.
Alastair and Lisa Smith have 15 years’ experience catering for golf clubs, including the Army Golf Club in Hampshire, which is now a private members’ club – and a further five years at a club in Sheffield.
During the last five years running the catering set-up at Braintree Golf Club turnover has doubled.
Luke Clark, who has been head chef at Braintree, is joining the partnership specifically to lead the business at Newton.
You may also want to watch:
Alastair said: “We have been looking to run two 18-hole clubs on a permanent basis and we think the profile that Newton offers is what we need.
“It has the potential to offer its members more, and the recently updated club house is ideal for providing additional functions both in house and to outside bookings.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 3 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn