New coffee range has a sense of occasion
SUFFOLK-based coffee company Paddy & Scott’s has secured a regional listing with Tesco for its gourmet “When to you drink your coffee?” range.
Having achieved considerable success in selling through independent fine food retailers across the country, as well as supplying many hotels, restaurants and cafes, Paddy & Scott’s ethically-sourced occasion-branded coffees will now be available in 42 Tesco stores.
The three blends target key occasions when people most often enjoy a coffee – first thing in the morning, during the day and when relaxing and enjoying quality time with friends.
Co-founder Paddy Bishopp said: “The concept behind ‘When do you drink your Coffee?’ was to develop a range of top quality coffees that simplify the coffee-purchasing process for those consumers who are currently bewildered by the number of different blends on offer.
“Judging by the response to our coffees to date, we think discerning Tesco shoppers will love the taste and enjoy exploring this beautifully crafted range.
“Most coffee labels focus on countries of origin such as Guatemala, Kenya or Ethiopia, yet consumer research shows that 72% of coffee drinkers are more aware of the occasion when they drink their coffee than the characteristics of coffees from different origins.”
The “Morning Coffee” is described as a medium-bodied South American blend offering a kick-start to the day, the “All Day Coffee” is a smooth medium roasted Colombian blend, and the “Great With Friends Coffee” is a dark roasted blend from Indonesia and Africa selected to deliver a coffee “hit” without too much caffeine.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 6 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 7 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 8 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 9 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 10 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
Sam Nundy, senior buying manager at Tesco, said: “We are delighted to be working with the team at Paddy & Scott’s, who have produced a high quality range of roast and ground coffees with a brand that has a loyal and growing consumer following.”