New Cosco/OOCL joint service between northern Europe and eastern Mediterranean calls at Felixstowe
- Credit: Picture: Stephen Waller
Felixstowe has been selected as the UK port of call for a new shipping service connecting northern Europe and Turkey.
Its first call at Felixstowe, on Saturday, April 8, involved the 1,924 TEU vessel Delphis Finland.
Cosco and OOCL are both members of the new Ocean Alliance, together with Evergreen and CMA-CGM, which has chosen the Port of Felixstowe as the main UK hub for its principal Europe to Asia services.
Clemence Cheng, chief executive at the Port of Felixstowe and managing director of Hutchison Ports Europe, said: “This brand new service will further strengthen the comprehensive network of sailings available to shippers through the Port of Felixstowe.
“The port has provided important connections for trade with the Eastern Mediterranean region for many years and we are delighted to welcome the NET service as the newest addition to the route.
You may also want to watch:
“The new NET container service provides UK importers and exporters with greater choice and frequency to an important and growing market.”
- 1 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 7 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 8 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 9 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 10 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k