Edge of town location for housing association
- Credit: University of Essex
Colne Housing is excited about the future and plans to move to the University of Essex’s Knowledge Gateway research and technology park.
The housing association, which provides 3,200 affordable homes in Essex and Suffolk, will be moving its head office to the latest phase of Parkside Office Village on the Knowledge Gateway at the University’s Colchester Campus from mid-December.
The lease on Colne’s offices at Digby House in Causton Road, Colchester, has been terminated because the owners of the building want to turn it into flats.
Parkside offers Colne Housing a modern new setting for its 50 staff as it positions itself at the forefront of Colchester’s innovative business community. Just off the main A133 on the outskirts of Colchester, the new office is accessible to Colne’s customers and visitors.
Sara Thakkar, Chief Executive of Colne Housing, said: “We are really pleased to be part of a dynamic new setting as we embark on the next chapter of our modernisation journey.
You may also want to watch:
“The building is equipped for our teams to provide a high standard of customer services and allows us to fulfil our plans to deliver an effective new Contact Centre and digital service options.”
Colne has already informed its 4,000 customers and partners of their new address and how to get there. They will hold a public open event in the New Year when anyone can come and see the new facilities.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting
- 10 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
The Knowledge Gateway is an emerging ecosystem of science, technology and digital creative companies plus forward-thinking organisations.
Colne already has strong links with the University after collaborating with Essex researchers to investigate the impact of welfare reform.
Parkside Office Village is the latest phase of the Knowledge Gateway to be completed. In early 2019, the new £12m Innovation Centre will open to provide a home to more than 50 technology-focused SMEs.