New era for Suffolk orthopeadic products firm V-M Orthotics
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk-based maker and supplier of orthopaedic products has strengthened its ties with US-based manufacturer Darco International, with which it has a long-standing distribution agreement in the UK.
V-M Orthotics, which is based at Peasenhall, near Framlingham has been operating since 1985, manufacturing its own orthotic products as well as acting as a distributor for Darco, which is based in Huntington, West Virginia.
Now, Darco has acquired shares in V-M and sister-company Multiskill (UK).
V-M Orthotics was advised on all matters relating to the transaction by Suffolk law firm Gotelee Solicitors, with the team led by corporate and commercial partner Max Harnden, assisted by corporate partner Petra Sharp and trainee solicitor Annalise Shelcott.
Jon Vander-Molen, managing director of V-M Orthotics, said: “When embarking upon the sale of the shares we anticipated a convoluted and lengthy process and were unsure of whether we would meet the tight timescales required by both parties.
You may also want to watch:
“In reality, we loved every minute of working with Max and with Gotelee and appreciated his unique ability to put a complex subjects into simple, understandable explanations.”
Max Harnden added: “We’re thrilled to have acted for V-M Orthotics in this global transaction. This new dimension to the companies’ partnership will strengthen both businesses in their sales to customers across the healthcare spectrum on both sides of the Atlantic.”
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 4 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 5 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 6 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 7 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 8 Tim Hortons restaurant in Ipswich given green light
- 9 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 10 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
The records at Companies House show that Mr Vander-Molen has stood down as a director of V-M Orthotics but retains a minority stake in the business.
Darco International was also established in 1985. The company opened its first distribution centre in Europe in 1992 in Germany, where its European operation is still based.
Founder H Darrel Darby was also involved in establishing international seminars that have grown to become the largest foot and ankle symposia in Germany.