New horticulture award created in honour of the late Charles Notcutt OBE
- Credit: Archant
A new award has been created in honour of celebrated horticulturalist Charles Notcutt.
The Charles Notcutt Retail Plant Supplier of the Year Award will be presented as part of the Garden Retail Awards in February.
Mr Notcutt, who died in 2015 at the age of 81, was instrumental in the growth and success of Notcutts Garden Centres, a Woodbridge-based family business with 18 centres nationwide.
He was also the first chairman of the Garden Centres Association and president of The Institute of Horticulture.
In 1993, he was awarded an OBE for Services to Horticulture and in 1997 received the prestigious Victoria Medal of Honour, one of only 63 at any one time, reflecting the number of years Queen Victoria reigned.
You may also want to watch:
The Charles Notcutt Award will recognise the efforts of outstanding plant suppliers to retail trade, and will be presented by his daughter, Caroline Notcutt, vice chairman of Notcutts Garden Centres.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 4 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 5 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 6 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!
- 7 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 8 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Ipswich to face army of familiar faces as Town draw U's in EFL Trophy
- 10 New beginnings, old faces and a return home - what to look for on 'fixtures day'