Opening of new Travelodge hotel is delayed
- Credit: Archant
A new 80-room hotel and coffee shop development in Bury St Edmunds had been scheduled to open in January, but has now been put off.
Travelodge says they now expect the hotel to open in the Spring.
The hotel, located on Etna Road, will be the first Travelodge to operate in the town.
The hotel, which represents an investment of £8 million for third party investors, will boast a drive-through Starbucks bar café. Work first got underway on the development in February.
According to the latest release from Jobcentre Plus, 40 people attended a recent job hiring event for the new hotel, and are waiting to find out if they will be taken on.
You may also want to watch:
Independent research conducted by St Edmundsbury Borough Council revealed that visitors staying overnight in Bury St Edmunds spend an average of £212 during their trip, while day visitors spend an average of £29.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 2 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 3 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 4 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 5 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 6 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 7 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Judge tells jury majority verdict allowed