New jobs being created as Miller & Carter take over Shepherd & Dog near Nacton
- Credit: Archant
A steakhouse chain is taking over a family restaurant in Ipswich, creating 25 jobs, and it is still looking for new recruits.
Miller & Carter will reopen The Shepherd & Dog, in Felixstowe Road, Nacton, on March 11 after a four-week refurbishment.
Owners Mitchells & Butlers confirmed its new restaurant, which is a first for the Ipswich area, has created 25 new jobs.
It is also looking to recruit six additional team members before the opening, including chefs.
Jack Taylor, general manager at Miller & Carter Ipswich, said: “Bringing Miller & Carter to Ipswich is extremely exciting for the brand and the new restaurant will offer the best steaks and hospitality that Miller & Carter is renowned for. Everyone who works for us is completely obsessed with steak.”
You may also want to watch:
Miller & Carter Steakhouse is a Mitchells & Butlers company.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 History of the Cook cull - a look back at his busy transfer windows with Chesterfield, Portsmouth and Wigan
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 4 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 9 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 10 How many of these 11 award-winning Suffolk food businesses do you know?