Here’s where the new KFC stores are planned
- Credit: Archant
Good news for fans of finger-licking good chicken - KFC is expanding across the UK, including more stores in Suffolk
Good news for fans of finger-licking good chicken - KFC is expanding across the UK.
It is planning an expansion into hundreds of new sites including here in Suffolk,
The fast food giant has listed 536 places where bosses are hoping to open either drive-thru venues, food court counters or restaurants.
There are at least six locations in Suffolk and several more in Essex, including Colchester.
You may also want to watch:
These are already named, Felixstowe Road drive thru in Ipswich, Hadleigh, Bury St Edmunds, A14 at Stowmarket, Felixstowe and Mildenhall.
The sites are in addition to those already in operation.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 9 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 10 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
A total of 53 new outlets are planned for East Anglia.
KFC was first introduced into the UK back in 1965 with its first branch in Preston.
Today it operates 900 outlets across the country.
But clearly that is not enough for the Colonel.
A spokesman said: "We have bold ambitions to have over 1,-000 stores in the UK and Ireland by 2020 and we are looking to build over 50 new stores a year."