Here’s where the new KFC stores are planned
- Credit: Archant
Good news for fans of finger-licking good chicken - KFC is expanding across the UK, including more stores in Suffolk
Good news for fans of finger-licking good chicken - KFC is expanding across the UK.
It is planning an expansion into hundreds of new sites including here in Suffolk,
The fast food giant has listed 536 places where bosses are hoping to open either drive-thru venues, food court counters or restaurants.
There are at least six locations in Suffolk and several more in Essex, including Colchester.
These are already named, Felixstowe Road drive thru in Ipswich, Hadleigh, Bury St Edmunds, A14 at Stowmarket, Felixstowe and Mildenhall.
The sites are in addition to those already in operation.
- 1 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 2 Award-winning scotch egg producer takes over Melton butchers shop
- 3 West Suffolk Mexican restaurant named among best in the UK
- 4 20 homes in mid Suffolk set for green light despite parish council concerns
- 5 Five Suffolk walks with a fish and chip shop pitstop
- 6 6 gorgeous woodland escapes in Suffolk
- 7 Parents uproar at Suffolk school's leavers day 'cancellation'
- 8 'A very mixed bag' - Harper's loan at Crewe analysed
- 9 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 10 Suffolk dog-friendly hotel named one of the best in the UK
A total of 53 new outlets are planned for East Anglia.
KFC was first introduced into the UK back in 1965 with its first branch in Preston.
Today it operates 900 outlets across the country.
But clearly that is not enough for the Colonel.
A spokesman said: "We have bold ambitions to have over 1,-000 stores in the UK and Ireland by 2020 and we are looking to build over 50 new stores a year."