New logo celebrates 100 years of the UK Beet Sugar Industry
A NEW logo has been launched celebrating 100 years of the UK Beet Sugar Industry.
British Sugar, together with the National Farmers’ Union (NFU) launched it at the NFU AGM today.
British Sugar managing director Gino De Jaegher said “We are all incredibly proud of this important milestone. By continuing to work together, we look forward to ensuring we have a beet sugar industry that drives years.”
The milestone is being celebrated across a umber of events during 2012, including a commemorative event at the British Sugar Cantley Factory.
Across its four factories, British Sugar processes around 7.5 million tonnes of beet from 4,000 British
You may also want to watch:
William Martin, chairman of the NFU Sugar Board, said: “100 years of sugar beet processing is a great achievement by the whole UK beet sugar industry. Growers continue to adapt and improve our sugar beet growing, in the same way as British Sugar has made gains in processing efficiency at Cantley and other factories. The industry continues to evolve, and we look forward to supplying sugar beet for the next hundred years.”
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm