New-look Ipswich Cornhill Lloyds branch opened by ex-Ipswich Town manager George Burley
- Credit: Rob Negus Photography.
Ex-Ipswich Town Football Club manager George Burley officially opened Lloyds’ new-look anchor branch in the town centre yesterday (Thursday, September 21).
Lloyds Cornhill branch was given a makeover to give it a more contemporary feel and to break down barriers between customers and staff.
To celebrate the launch, the branch held a prize draw for its nationally-chosen charity, Mental Health UK, and bank staff were joined by about half a dozen former branch managers.
Branch manager Mark Burton said they were “really pleased” with the new look.
“The purpose of it is to adapt to a changing environment, particularly digitally,” he said. “We want to keep that human interaction. What we found was when we put an enquiry desk in it was a bit of a barrier.”
You may also want to watch:
The desk area has been removed, and bank staff now circulate with tablets, meaning that they can see more customers.
“We went live over a week ago and we are finding we are able to hep more customers more quickly and we have had some really positive responses,” said Mr Burton.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
In response to customer feedback cashpoints have been brought inside.
A draw was held and the winning entrant received a Lloyd the Bear cuddly toy.