New ‘one stop shop’ as college opens its doors
OTLEY College will be hosting an open morning today from 9am and 1pm, offering a chance for students and parents to chat to tutors, find out about courses and tour the campus based eight miles outside of Ipswich.
A new team in the student services ‘One Stop Shop’ team has recently been put in place and they will all be on hand to hand out advice and guidance to prospective learners at the occasion. The team includes a dedicated careers adviser, a welfare officer, two student advisors and a transport expert.
“This specific event is for students who are interested in further education courses or apprenticeships,” said team head Greer Hill.
“However, information will also be available on our University Campus Suffolk degree programmes, teacher training and leisure learning options.
“The morning will be a chance for those who don’t know anything about the college to come and have a look around. Invariably, when people visit Otley for the first time they are surprised at how big the college is, as well as the range of courses that we now teach and I am sure that this event will be no different.”
You may also want to watch:
Otley offers courses in animal studies, apprenticeships, business solutions, commercial, construction, engineering, higher education, horse studies, land and countryside studies, leisure learning, management training, pre-foundation studies, sport and outdoor education and teacher training.
For more information about the event, phone 01473 784248 or email email@example.com.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 3 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction