New owner for Suffolk holiday destinations - Carlton Meres and Carlton Manor Park
- Credit: Archant
Two holiday parks in Suffolk are under new ownership after being sold.
Carlton Meres and Carlton Manor Park have been bought by residential and luxury lodge park operator Countrywide Park Homes as well as a further four parks across the UK.
The company, which currently owns and operates 19 parks across the UK, purchased Carlton Manor Holiday Park in Carlton Colville, in the suburbs of Lowestoft, and Carlton Meres, a country park in the village of Carlton, near Saxmundham.
The sites and lodges are part of a deal struck in which Countrywide Park Homes has purchased the business and assets of park operator Lifestyle Living UK Ltd for an undisclosed sum.
Lifestyle Living UK’s six parks offer a selection of touring, camping, static caravans, individually designed luxury lodges and park homes. The other four sites are located in Norfolk and Cumbria.
Anthony Barney, owner and chairman at Countrywide Park Homes, said that they saw a unique opportunity to expand the company’s portfolio through the acquisition, enabling them to purchase a group of popular parks based in desirable locations across the UK.
He said: “Suffolk is an attractive destination, offering unspoilt sandy beaches, quaint villages, outstanding food and drink and an enviable coastline. We remain committed to investing in locations which, like these, offer tranquillity for residents, yet are within easy access to towns or villages with essential amenities. We are very much looking forward to operating in these appealing Suffolk locations.”
- 1 Suffolk town named one of the best places to go on holiday in the UK
- 2 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 3 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 4 'It riles me to the core' - Anger as sofas dumped near Suffolk beauty spot
- 5 'The children were buzzing' - Ed Sheeran sends video to Suffolk school
- 6 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 7 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 8 Ranking every League One away kit from worst to first
- 9 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 10 Green light for eight homes in Suffolk village after plans revised
FRP Advisory, the business advisory firm, negotiated the sale following a competitive sales and marketing process.
“The proposal from Countrywide Park Homes was chosen as it offered the best value and certainty in the interests of all of Lifestyle Living’s stakeholders. We wish Lifestyle Living the very best under new ownership,” explained Jason Baker, joint administrator and partner of FRP Advisory.