New owner of St Vincent House office complex in Ipswich plans refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
The landmark St Vincent House office building in the centre of Ipswich is to be refurbished following its acquisition by Manchester-based MCR Property Group.
The purchase price has not been dislosed but the building, which has total floorspace of more than 58,000sq ft, was marketed with a guide price of £5.3m.
MCR plans to refurbish all vacant parts of the multi-let building, with the aim of “providing high quality office space to help attract new businesses to the area and generate employment opportunities”.
Chris Taylor, asset manager at MCR Property Group, said: “St Vincent House is an exciting prospect for businesses, located on central Ipswich’s inner ring road and only an hour’s train journey from London.
“We plan to breathe new life into the property, creating attractive, functional office space that fits with Ipswich’s reputation as the principal business centre in East Anglia.”
You may also want to watch:
The MCR Property Group is a real estate investment and development company focused on the strategic acquisition and repositioning of commercial, residential, industrial and retail assets across the UK.
Established in 1989, the company model has recently moved from retaining assets in the long-term, to trading assets centred specifically on securing value add opportunities across the UK.
- 1 Married Matt Hancock accused of affair after he is pictured kissing aide
- 2 'We're working tirelessly... I'm hopeful of new signings fairly shortly' - Town CEO Ashton on transfers
- 3 Ipswich home transformed on BBC's Homes Under the Hammer
- 4 Sam Smith spotted in Suffolk - and could be recording a new album
- 5 Town considering move for Birmingham striker Cosgrove
- 6 Ipswich Town's 2021/22 League One fixtures revealed as Blues start at home
- 7 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 8 Police unlock county lines drug dealer's phone with first guess at password
- 9 Man arrested after more than 80 vehicles checked on day of action
- 10 Ipswich insurance broker snapped up by London firm