New owners of Cretingham Golf Club plan upgrade of facilities
- Credit: Archant
The new owners of Cretingham Golf Club have announced plans to upgrade its facilities including an enhanced club house and covered driving range.
Matthew and Claire Thacker who run Harvest Haulage Ltd based in Great Yarmouth recently purchased the club for an undisclosed fee.
Cretingham Golf Club, near Framlingham, originally opened as a nine-hole course in 1984 but was extended to 18 holes by its previous owners. The par-71 course is set in 122 acres of parkland with the River Deben running through it and also includes holiday log cabins on the property.
Mr and Mrs Thacker were advised on the deal by law firm Birketts.
Claire Thacker said: “We have exciting plans for 2018 and work will shortly begin to upgrade, enhance and develop facilities including the bar area in the club house and a covered driving range.”
You may also want to watch:
“We are delighted to have taken ownership of this beautiful golf club.”
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Wanted man arrested in Stowupland village
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores
- 7 Chambers on a 'Town core setting standards' at Colchester
- 8 Farmer's anger at 'utterly vile' dog owner who tied dog mess to gate lock
- 9 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 10 'Happy-go-lucky' mum died in Ipswich days after news of second lockdown