New premises for Post Office branch in Eye
The Post Office in a Suffolk town is moving to new premises, and will offer longer opening hours.
The branch in Eye is currently on Broad Street and will be moving to the Martin McColls store on Church Street.
The branch has been run by a temporary postmaster after the former postmaster’s wife suffered a fall last year, which temporarily closed the branch. While the service did resume, there was a risk the branch could close at short notice at any time.
The branch will become a modern, new local-style branch with products and services provided and an open-plan till at the convenience store shop counter instead of from a separate screened counter.
It will operate during the store’s opening hours – 6am-10pm Monday to Saturday and 7am-10pm on Sundays.
You may also want to watch:
The current branch is due to close on August 5 at 5.30pm, with the new branch opening on August 6 at 1pm.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 3 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 4 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 5 'Kind and loving' husband-to-be dies of lymphoma aged 27
- 6 Former Town assistant Taylor back in football
- 7 265 new homes set to be built off A14 at Stowmarket
- 8 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 Aldi targets Felixstowe, Saxmundham and Sudbury for new stores