New recruitment firm kicks off
TWO footballers’s partners have teamed up to create their own recruitment company.
Imogen Gibbs and Jill Routledge decided to set their own business goals after joining their respective partners, Colchester United centre forward Clive Platt and centre half Paul Reid, in Colchester.
Recruitment specialist Ms Gibbs and finance professional Ms Routledge planned to spend a few leisurely months settling into life in Essex, but a chance meeting at a dinner changed all that for the business-minded women.
“Imogen and I immediately hit it off and began talking about our previous jobs and future plans for life in Essex,” explained Ms Routledge.
“We had both worked within Blue chip companies and our range of experience really complemented each other. Within the following three months a business plan was drawn up and our recruitment consultancy Nu:Resourcing was formed.”
The two found they had exactly the same business ethos.
“Where we differ in respect to most other recruitment companies is that we don’t promise to make it easy for you – if it’s worth doing its worth doing properly,” said Ms Gibbs.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
“Poor recruitment is a huge cost to a business and a vast amount of unnecessary time can be spent with unsuitable employees.
“Many agencies promise to find a match after spending just a few minutes with you on the phone or referencing previous recruitment adverts. It’s not as simple as that. We know from our 14 years’ experience within the industry that to find the perfect candidate who will be a long term asset to your business it is essential to form a strong working partnership – which means commitment from both parties.
“We will become ambassadors for your business and to do this well we need to meet you and know all about your business, your aspirations, your culture and even your “bad bits” – all of this helps to match exactly to your requirements.”
Pictured left to right are: Paul Reid, Jill Routledge, Imogen Gibbs and Clive Platt