New role for Choose Suffolk boss
CELIA Hodson, chief executive of the Choose Suffolk development partnership, is to take up a nine-month secondment as project director at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub, based within the James Hehir Building at University Campus Suffolk.
She will be working with the enterprise hub project board to oversee the establishment of an enterprise hub for the East of England.
It will provide a central focus for enterprise learning that capitalises on the region’s strengths in such areas as research and development while aiming to broaden the area’s economic base, particularly in support of new sectors.
The new hub will also seek to overcome the twin challenges of youth unemployment and low skills while stimulating and supporting new business start-ups in the region.
Ms Hodson said: “It’s with a mixture of real sadness and excitement that I take up this new role. I’m sad to be leaving Choose Suffolk at an exciting time in the organisation’s history, but looking forward to embracing the exciting challenges that lie ahead at the new Eastern Enterprise Hub.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Hodson will remain on the board of directors at Choose Suffolk during her secondment at the Eastern Enterprise Hub.
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Dozzell set for QPR, as Championship clubs show interest in Downes
- 3 GP surgery in 'special measures' after patients and staff raise concerns
- 4 Busy high street taped off by police
- 5 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe park
- 6 Man in 20s dies after fall from pub
- 7 'Too many men can cause a problem' - Ashton says quality, not quantity, is key in Town's squad rebuild
- 8 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 9 Woman suffers life-threatening injuries after fall from building
- 10 My frustration at how rude drawings balls up our beaches