New salon at the cutting Edge
A NEW hairdressing salon is set to bring a touch of Sassoon chic to Ipswich when it opens later this month. Simon Smith, owner of the successful Edge Hairdressing salon in the Thoroughfare, Woodbridge, is launching a new branch in Orwell Place, Ipswich, as a Sassoon Partnership Salon.
A NEW hairdressing salon is set to bring a touch of Sassoon chic to Ipswich when it opens later this month.
Simon Smith, owner of the successful Edge Hairdressing salon in the Thoroughfare, Woodbridge, is launching a new branch in Orwell Place, Ipswich, as a Sassoon Partnership Salon.
The aim is for the new Edge salon to combine the highest standards of service, cutting and styling techniques with an ultra-modern “vibe” including flat screen televisions at every cutting station.
And, as a Sassoon Partnership Salon, staff will be trained twice a year by the famous Sassoon creative team, to equip them with up-to-date colour and cut techniques.
You may also want to watch:
The Ipswich salon, which is due to open on Monday, April 27, will be located at 2 Orwell Place, on the ground floor of the Unicorn House building on the corner with Foundation Street.
Mr Smith, who has more than 20 years' experience in hairdressing at national and international level and will be splitting his time between Edge in Woodbridge and the new salon in Ipswich, said: “Our Woodbridge salon has been doing well for a number of years now and I knew it was time to think about expanding.
- 1 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 2 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 5 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 6 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 7 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 10 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
“When I saw the unit in Unicorn House, I knew it was just perfect for another Edge salon and when Sassoon expressed interest in working with us, everything just slotted into place.
“It's been a lot of work over the last few months but the fact we'll be launching in just a couple of weeks makes all the hard work worth while.”
He added: “Staff can't wait to get started. They are already an incredibly talented team but the fact they will receive training from the Sassoon Academy twice a year has got them really excited.”