New top line-up at Suffolk Chamber
SUFFOLK Chamber of Commerce and Shipping voted in a female president and vice president for the first time at its Annual General meeting yesterday. Lina Hogg, managing director of HR consultancy Picasso HR, has been officially installed as the new president, with Cathy Arbon, of Fred. Olsen as vice-president.
SUFFOLK Chamber of Commerce and Shipping voted in a female president and vice president for the first time at its Annual General meeting yesterday.
Lina Hogg, managing director of HR consultancy Picasso HR, has been officially installed as the new president, with Cathy Arbon, of Fred. Olsen, the chamber's new vice-president.
The two businesswomen will work with John Dugmore, chief executive, to take the chamber forward over the next 24 months.
Lina, who has spent the last year as vice-president, is looking forward to the challenge of her new post.
She said: “I'm delighted to have been appointed President of the Suffolk Chamber of Commerce and consider it a great honour. I believe very passionately in the role of the organisation as a means of bringing business people together.
“The chamber as an organisation continues to strive for improvements in current activities while constantly bringing on new initiatives and events, resulting in improved quality of service for us all. I will be endeavouring to use my appointment to help John and his team to enhance the benefits which members receive from their part in the Chamber.”
- 1 £1.5million project set to turn north Essex towns into giant gaming areas
- 2 School apologises for GCSE paper error as it falls to inadequate
- 3 Man identified after dog walker threatened in Sudbury
- 4 Andy Warren: Why keeping Sam Morsy is vital for Ipswich Town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 'It makes you want to cry' - anger as bench dumped in pond at country park
- 7 Girl, 12, injured after having foot run over by driver
- 8 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 9 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 10 Julia Bradbury's feature on 'beautiful' Sudbury airs on This Morning today
John Dugmore said: “I'm delighted to have Lina and Cathy as the next president and vice-president and I am sure they will both build on the excellent work and support that outgoing president Andy Rayner gave during his two years.
“We're also delighted that, for the first time in a long time, we have some succession planning at executive level and following Cathy, Clive Thomas will be nominated as vice-president. The future is looking bright for the chamber and the Suffolk business community.''
Married to Martin, Lina lives in Cretingham and has two daughters. She has been part of the chamber's executive committee since 2004. She is also a committee member for Suffolk Business Women and a business adviser for Suffolk Young Enterprise.
In addition to the president and vice presidential elections, Mark Hollocks was voted in as honorary treasurer at the AGM held at Trinity Park.