New WOW Air service from London Stansted to include onward link to New York JKF
- Credit: WOW air
Icelandic budget airline WOW Air will be offering a connection to New York’s John F Kennedy International Airport (JFK) when it begins flights from London Stansted next year.
WOW announced in August that it would launch a daily service between Stansted and Icelandic capital Reykjavik’s Keflavik International Airport from April 2018, offering onward links to transatlantic destinations including Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami and Montreal.
It has now announced the launch of a new route to JFK, with fares from Stansted (via Iceland) starting at £99.99 during an initial offer period in April and May
The flights are on sale now, with the introductory fare said by WOW to be £24 below the cost taking into account UK Air Passenger Duty.
Skúli Mogensen, chief executive and founder of WOW, said: “We are proud to constantly be lowering fares across the Atlantic, enabling more people to fly in our brand new aircraft and to experience the world.
You may also want to watch:
“Air Passenger Duty in the UK is one of the highest in the world and we would love to change this. These low fares make a statement and allow our passengers to fly affordably.“
Martin Jones, commercial director at London Stansted, said: “WOW air’s new service to New York JFK is great news for Stansted passengers looking to head to the Big Apple, offering not only fantastic value fares but quick and efficient connection times, and adds to the extensive range of North American destinations already on offer via its hub in Reykjavik.
- 1 'If offers are higher elsewhere, so be it' - Wigan CEO on losing Evans to Ipswich
- 2 Thunderstorms expected to continue until Saturday in Suffolk and Essex
- 3 Why these Suffolk villages were named among 'most beautiful to visit'
- 4 'We're keeping about 10% of the roster' - Johnson on Ipswich squad overhaul
- 5 Saxmundham man, 26, appears in court charged with 11 child sex offences
- 6 Shop opens at Suffolk village pub
- 7 Man and woman charged in connection with the theft of 85 dogs
- 8 Get ready for League One's 'Arizona Derby' as Lincoln follow Town with Phoenix investment
- 9 Traffic at standstill on A12 between Ipswich and Colchester
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
“This is in addition to the WOW air Stopover offer that allows passengers to take a few days in Iceland before carrying on with their journey to the States or Canada.”
Danish carrier Primera Air is due to start direct flights from Stansted to New York, Boston and Toronto in June next year.